Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's not so bad

This week has been stressful for me at work. I've been committed to code two features that were estimated to take over two weeks, except for that I only had one week to do them because code freeze is this Friday.

I got off work around 8:30pm. I spent the entire drive home planning when to leave my current job and where to look for something new. It was one of those nights that you felt like your career life was going nowhere and you were underpaid and overworked.

On TV I happened to catch the last 30 seconds of March Madness Gonzaga vs USLA's game. Gonzaga just lost the game that they once led by 17 points. The last few seconds were brutal. Gonzaga were still leading by one point when in the last few seconds they lost the ball (they just LOST the ball) and UCLA scored off the stolen ball. Watching Adam Morrison (Gonzaga's star) literally burst into tears in disbelief and frustration on national TV, I thought - someone else is having a lot worse night.

------------------------
I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves. -Ludwig Wittgenstein