Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So long

I'm feeling a little sad. Surprise surprise that I feel the need to write - I've noticed that writing has been conveniently resorted to only when I'm sad, frustrated, or angry. Kind of like some pray only in times of trouble. Whoever that doesn't know me but only reads what I write here would perhaps think of me as sarcastic and unhappy, even though in real life I'm usually a pretty upbeat type.

But I am feeling a bit sad tonight. My dad is leaving town tomorrow morning after visiting me for a week. A week has really gone by fast. This is the first time I saw my dad, according to him, in nearly four years (although I thought it was only three).

I don't know why we don't see each other more, for after all we live on the same continent. My lack of euthisasim for flying has to do with it - but that hasn't stopped me from going to Vegas every year, and I just came back from Hawaii...